WOF data can be chunked into three different categories: administrative, venue, and other. Explore those categories below:
- Administrative Data - all administrative placetypes (all the places between and inclusive of continents to microhoods) for the entire world
- Venue Data - all venues for the entire world
- Other Data - all postalcodes, constituencies, intersections, pics, and brands for the entire world
Administrative data is located in the whosonfirst-data repository. This repository contains all administrative placetypes (all the places between and inclusive of continents to microhoods) for the entire world.
You can find data for the following placetypes in the whosonfirst-data repository:
- metro area
Find the whosonfirst-data repo here.
Venue data is located in a number of different repos. The whosonfirst-data-venue repository can serve as a starting point for venue data in Who's On First. Keep in mind there is no actual in this repository. The actual data has been stored in per-country (and in some case per country-region) repositories.
Naming conventions for these repositories follow:
whosonfirst-data-venue + "-" + WHOSONFIRST_COUNTRY + "-" + WHOSONFIRST_SUBDIVISION
Two of these repos are:
Find the whosonfirst-data-venue repo here.
There are a number of repos that aren’t administrative or venue data. Some of these repos, follow the same naming conventions as venue repositories.
You can find this data in the repos below:
- whosonfirst-data-postalcode + "-" + WHOSONFIRST_COUNTRY
- whosonfirst-data-constituency + "-" + WHOSONFIRST_COUNTRY + "-" + WHOSONFIRST_SUBDIVISION
Find these repos here.